Role Description: Head of Data Analytics
FUNDING XCHANGE is the clever new way for businesses to access funding. We bring the world of alternative finance to the doorstep of SMEs across the UK through one simple application form. Co-founded by Ocado’s CTO, FUNDING XCHANGE is democratizing a multi-billion Pound industry.
Half fin, half tech we’re a well-funded startup based in Old Street. We’re growing quickly and looking for the best to join us in our mission to provide the most user-friendly and transparent product to SMEs sorely in need of a solution.
The role and responsibilities
As Head of Analytics, you will be responsible for delivering commercial benefit through build and development of market leading Data Asset(s) for FXE. Working closely with all sides of the business you will develop viable commercial products from different data assets; understand the needs of different users and able to provide insights to tailor products and customer experience.
You will deliver insights that will aid and identify trends for customer identification, customer requirements and customer conversion, and how data will be leveraged to create commercial value and insights
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop viable commercial propositions from FXE Data Asset(s), set the roadmap, align people and resources, and inspire them to get the job done.
- Management and co-ordination of analytics team (2-3 people) building out FXE insights capabilities – working with relevant business stakeholders and senior management to identify key data points, insights and trends that support trading performance and that will generate commercial value
- Measurement of commercial value achieved from implementation of identified data insights and initiatives
Customer demographics – customer profiling of FXE users (by introducing partner) to build a picture of the businesses, people and financial health of users of the FXE service.
- Digital Performance – Measurement of website conversion and build out of commercial KPIs to enable best in class trading performance and reporting.
- Liquidity profiling – Alignment and correlation of customer profiling (demand) vs liquidity available (supply) and identification of lender cross over, liquidity by product, segment, value, customer type etc etc.
- Lender commercial performance – build of KPI’s to highlight and track click / sales share. Sales conversion by lender and commercial performance.
- Propensity modelling / development of search based algorithm(s) – Identify data variables that hold influence on behavior (credit score, loan search, company type, financial health) and build of insights & solutions that will aid search, conversion and purchase (customer conversion, pricing accuracy and eligibility of lender offers).
- Technical – Ensuring the dev team know what it is they need to implement to enable capture of data for analytics / insights.
Detailed tracking and communication of project progress related to issues, risks, cost, timescales and quality.
Motivate the people in your team through strong leadership and client advocacy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a proven track record for developing data and insight that lead the organisational culture
- Has experience in implementing data science lead initiatives that have delivered positive customer and commercial outcomes
Is experienced at presenting data and insights to external partners or conferences - can operate within the complex and present data and insights that are simple
- Has a proven track record of understanding and leveraging the commercial value of data and insights
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Is detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in a computing, maths, engineering, business, or information technology related field of study.
- Is a self-starter who is motivated to continually improve the way work is delivered.
- Is unflappable and able to deal with a high pressure and frequently changing environment
- Has experience delivering systems and software in the financial services industry, or actuary based environment
- Excellent offices in the heart of London’s Tech City
- Super-talented teammates (think Ocado, American Express and Moneysupermarket)
- Real autonomy and ownership in the role