Role Description: Head of Product
FUNDING XCHANGE is the clever new way for businesses to access funding. We bring the world of alternative finance to the doorstep of SMEs across the UK through one simple application form. Co-founded by Ocado’s CTO,
FUNDING XCHANGE is democratizing a multi-billion Pound industry.
Half fin, half tech we’re a well-funded startup based in Moorgate. We’re growing quickly and looking for the best to join us in our mission to provide the most user-friendly and transparent product to SMEs sorely in need of a solution.
The role and responsibilities
As Head of Product, you will manage multiple enterprise projects. Working closely with the business and tech leads through all phases of the software lifecycle, you will manage the outcomes that impact the continued success of FXE.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the product roadmap by establishing direction, aligning people and resources, and inspiring them to get the job done.
- Work with all sides of the business to identify and understand product use cases
- Scope and spec out agreed solutions
- Test solutions upon delivery
- Detailed tracking and communication of project progress related to issues, risks, cost, timescales and quality.
- Maintain accurate, modelled, and up-to-date project plans enabling intelligent decision making by all stakeholders.
- Identify risks and escalate them appropriately.
- Unblock project issues by engaging appropriate management and resources where necessary.
- Motivate the people in your team through strong leadership and client advocacy.
- Support the professional development of your project team members.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a proven track record for project planning, executing, controlling and closing out projects.
- Has experience in implementing and developing new web based software solutions.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Is detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Can build lasting relationships with key stakeholders an asset.
- Can mediate disagreements competently and negotiate a win-win resolution for all parties.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in a computing, maths, engineering, business, or information technology related field of study.
- Is a self-starter who is motivated to continually improve the way work is delivered.
- Is unflappable and able to deal with a high pressure and frequently changing environment
- Has experience delivering systems and software in the financial services industry, preferably in a startup environment.
- 3-5 years of software systems development or consulting experience, including experience as a software development team lead with a proven track record of delivering complex systems.
- Excellent offices in the heart of London’s Tech City
- Super-talented teammates (think Ocado, American Express and Moneysupermarket)
- Real autonomy and ownership in the role